The trade business is one of the highest growth industries in Australia. Skilled trade employees are in high demand as employers frequently find it tough to find qualified tradespersons.
WHY STUDY A TRADE COURSE IN AUSTRALIA?
Here are a number of reasons of why it’s an excellent idea to consider a trade course:
- Fees are cheaper compared to college qualifications
- Course durations area unit typically shorter than university courses
- Courses involve sensible hands-on coaching
- Eligibility for a graduate visa pathway as well as post-study work rights
- Permanent residency pathway
- Leadership support opportunities
- High earnings
- Freelance business start-up opportunities
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN STUDYING A TRADE COURSE IN AUSTRALIA?
International Students can study a 1 or 2-year trade course at an education provider and receive exactly the same qualification as Australians who undertake a 4-year apprenticeship. For example, an international student who goes to TAFE and studies the Cert III in Carpentry for 2 years will receive exactly the same qualification (a Cert III in Carpentry) as an Australian who does an apprenticeship for 4 years.
The main difference is that international students learn their trade in a class/workshop the majority of the time. They are continuously learning new skills and the course generally requires a vocational placement with an Australian employer.
WHAT TRADE COURSES LEAD TO PERMANENT RESIDENCY?
The Following Trade courses currently lead to permanent residency in Australia:
- Automotive Diesel Engine Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Commercial Cookery
- Early Childhood
WHY IS AUSTRALIA SUCH A POPULAR PLACE TO STUDY?
Here’s a listing of a number of the most advantages of finding out in Australia:
- obtain a world-class education recognized internationally
- study the Australian way – not simply theory but practical expertise
- obtain new skills and broaden your career choices
- learn about the Australian culture and style
- work while you study to get valuable skills associated with Australian work standards and ethics
- live, study and in a secure and friendly atmosphere – Sydney and Melbourne were highest among the highest 10 friendliest cities within the world
- your partner/spouse and family may also be included in your application
- dramatically improve your English communication skills
- interact with international students from everywhere the planet
- experience group activity in a diverse school of thought community
- obtain a talented Temporary Graduate work visa (Subclass 485) if you decide on the eligible course
- work towards applying for a permanent residency visa to measure and live in Australian permanently
To learn more about your options for migration to Australia, contact Summit Migration to talk with a registered migration agent today.