Can I get an English Exemption for a Subclass 482?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on reddit
Can I get an English Exemption for a Subclass 482?

In order to apply for a 482 Temporary Skill Shortage visa, depending on your occupation you will need to obtain an equivalent English IELTS score of at least 5 in each component or an average of 4.5 score.

Do you qualify for an English test exemption?

In some cases, an English test will not be required if you meet one of the following criteria:

(a) an applicant who is a citizen of, and holding a valid passport issued by one of the following countries:

  • Canada
  • New Zealand;
  • the Republic of Ireland;
  • the United Kingdom;
  • the United States of America; or

(b) an applicant who has completed at least 5 years of full-time study in a secondary education institution or higher education institution where the instruction was delivered in English;

(c) an applicant who has been nominated by a Standard Business Sponsor in relation to an occupation that will be performed at:

  • a diplomatic or consular mission of another country; or
  • an Office of the Authorities of Taiwan located in Australia;

(d)  an applicant who:

  • has been nominated in relation to an occupation that requires the applicant to hold a license, registration or membership to perform the occupation;
  • has been granted a license, registration or membership; and
  • for the purposes of the grant of that license, registration or membership was required to demonstrate a level of English language proficiency that is equivalent to, or better than, the level of English language proficiency that is required to achieve the required test scores for an approved English language test that the applicant would have been required to achieve but for this paragraph; or

(e) who:

  • is employed by a company operating an established business overseas; and
  • is nominated by a standard business sponsor which is the company or an associated entity of that company; and
  • will receive annual earnings of at least AUD96,400.

The process of migrating to Australia can take up to around a year. The earlier you start, the easier the process. Consulting a registered migration agent is a valuable decision to help you in this process. You may contact Summit Migration to talk with a registered migration agent today.


Leave a Comment

Sign up for our Newsletter

want more details?

Join Our Skilled Migration Mail List and Get Updates and Free Advice


Don’t Leave Your Case To Chance. Get Expert Advice. 

Call Now