Moving to Australia – What’s In It For You?
Australia is known worldwide as “the Lucky Country”, and it’s a top destination for permanent migrants from all over the world. Australia is a nation of opportunity, and is the perfect place to start a business, raise a family and retire.
But before you board a place and head to Australia you’ll need to navigate one of the world’s most complex and stringent immigration program’s to secure you permanent residency visa.
If you intend to settle in Australia, then applying for Australian Permanent Residency (“PR”) is the pathway you will need to take. So if you’re considering taking the leap and looking to permanently migrate to Australia, and considering a permanent residency visa, but you’re on the fence about whether you want to apply, the team at Summit Migration have put together a comprehensive list on why you should migrate to Australia. Here are our top ten reasons for applying for Australian Permanent Residency:
- Freedom – As a permanent resident you will hold a permanent visa, which allows you to live in Australia for the rest of your life and enjoy the freedom to to travel in and out of the country. If you obtain citizenship then you’ll also be able to travel on an Australian passport, one of the most favourable passports available.
- Higher Quality of Life – Australians generally enjoy a high standard of living, and although there has been an unprecedented 1.6% decrease in household incomes of average Australians, Australia is still one of the most prosperous nations. With fresh air, high employment, low mortality and plenty of fantastic place to retire, Australia is a great place to live.
- Official Entitlements – As socialist democracy, Australia has some of the most generous social entitlement programs outside of a few Scandinavian countries. As an eligible permanent resident (after a two-year qualifying period) you will be entitled to receive support Government support for times of poor health, unemployment and study provided by Australia’s Department of Human Services (Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support). The healthcare entitlement, Medicare, is a key healthcare which provides free hospital coverage and subsidised medical treatments.
- Carefully regulated Immigration program – The Australian government sets immigration intake numbers on a yearly basis and the policies are racially and religiously non-discriminatory, with all applicants having to meet the same selection criteria. Currently, the Australian Government has implemented a program that seeks to provide skilled workers to occupations that are in demand.
- Broad Career Opportunities – Working in Australia is a key component of permanent residency. As a holder of a permanent resident visa you can find employment in any occupation of your choice in any region you like. Additionally, businesses in Australia often have skills shortages, which can’t be filled with local workers. Accordingly, highly skilled foreign workers are seen as desirable and necessary to fill such vacancies. As a result, opportunities exist in certain fields of expertise, including mining, tourism and hospitality, farming, horticulture, viticulture, service industries and health care.
- World Leading Education – Once you have obtained permanent resident status in Australia, you also enjoy full access to a world class variety of higher education pathways. Furthermore, there are also a range of student loans available to permanent residents only, which will offset some of the financial costs associated with study
- Multicultural Strength – Because of Australia’s extensive history of multicultural immigration, it has become a diverse blend of nationalities, cultures and religions. Australian food reflects this multiculturalism and is some of the best dining in the world. Australia is renown for its acceptance and tolerance for immigrants from the world over.
- Family Migration Pathways – Permanent residents can also sponsor family members to join them in Australia. While a successful immigration process is not a guaranteed outcome, and the applicant must meet a number of residence and support assurance criteria, once permanent residency is obtained, you will have a range of options to bring partners and parents to Australia.
- Immediate Family Members Included – Permanent residents who give birth in Australia provide automatically provide citizenship to their children. Additionally, once the migrant is eligible for citizenship, their partner will also be eligible too.
- Climate & Lifestyle – While the weather might seem a trivial reason for migrating countries, a more habitable climate makes for a more active and healthier lifestyle and improves a range of other lifestyle and quality of life markers. In addition, Australian’s have a great value on recreation and a healthy work/life balance which means that you’ll have time to enjoy the great lifestyle benefits.
These are just some of the fantastic reasons, why people consider migrating to Australia. So, if this sounds like a pathway that interests you, let us help you work towards your ultimate ambition of making Australian permanent residency a reality. Contact us for a visa assessment today. The migration agents at Summit Migration are experts in Permanent Residency applications, and we have hundreds of successes with clients who have migrated to Australia.<